Are your records open to the public?
No, our files are not open to the public. If you are looking for information regarding a case, you may contact the Clerk of Courts in the Ozaukee County Justice Center at 262-284-8409. If you are a defendant and are not represented by an attorney, you may send a letter to the District Attorney’s Office at 1201 South Spring Street, Port Washington, WI 53074 for discovery (reports) after the initial appearance and a not guilty plea was entered. If you are a defendant represented by an attorney, your attorney will request the discovery from our department.The District Attorney's Office will provide, to the defendant or defense attorney, an electronic copy of discovery and any other electronic media in it's possession for an upfront cost of $5.00 for each CD and $10 for each DVD and an additional $5.00 for mailing, upon an upfront payment to the District Attorney's Office in the form of cash, money order, cashier's check, attorney trust account check or credit card.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint?
2. Does the Ozaukee County District Attorney’s Office provide legal advice to the public?
3. When can I speak with the prosecuting attorney assigned to my case?
4. If I have an Ozaukee Sheriff’s Department, Wisconsin State Patrol, or DNR noncriminal citation, when can I talk to the prosecutor handling it?
5. How can I go about getting an extension of time to pay for my court fines?
6. I have been charged with a crime. I would like an attorney to represent me, but I cannot afford one. What can I do?
7. Are your records open to the public?
8. Does your office handle child support issues?
9. Who receives restitution if a person has been convicted and placed on probation?
10. Does your office handle civil matters?
11. How do I file a small claims action?