How do I file a complaint?
If you believe a crime has occurred within the County of Ozaukee, you may go to the local police department where the crime occurred and file a complaint with them. The police department will investigate the matter and, if they believe there is sufficient evidence that a crime occurred, the police department will refer their reports to the District Attorney’s Office for review for criminal charges. All criminal referrals come to the DA’s Office from a law enforcement agency.

If you have questions, please contact the Ozaukee District Attorney's Office.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint?
2. Does the Ozaukee County District Attorney’s Office provide legal advice to the public?
3. When can I speak with the prosecuting attorney assigned to my case?
4. If I have an Ozaukee Sheriff’s Department, Wisconsin State Patrol, or DNR noncriminal citation, when can I talk to the prosecutor handling it?
5. How can I go about getting an extension of time to pay for my court fines?
6. I have been charged with a crime. I would like an attorney to represent me, but I cannot afford one. What can I do?
7. Are your records open to the public?
8. Does your office handle child support issues?
9. Who receives restitution if a person has been convicted and placed on probation?
10. Does your office handle civil matters?
11. How do I file a small claims action?