I received a traffic citation. What should I do?

If the citation requires a mandatory appearance, you MUST appear at the designated place and time if you are pleading No Contest or Guilty. Failure to appear may result in a warrant for your arrest. If you wish to plead Not Guilty on a mandatory appearance citation you must do so in writing before your court date. This form may be completed and returned to the Clerk of Courts office before your court date. You will receive notification of a pre-trial and court trial date to the address listed on your citation unless you inform us of an address change. If the citation does not require a mandatory appearance and you wish to PAY it, you may do so by one of the following methods, before the court date. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE CITATION NUMBER IN YOUR CORRESPONDENCE OR A PHOTOCOPY OF THE CITATION WITH YOUR PAYMENT. By Phone: Please call 262-284-8411 to make a payment. Acceptable forms of payment include Visa, Discover, American Express, or MasterCard credit or debit cards. Please note a 4% service fee will be assessed for payments using a debit or credit card. By Mail - Acceptable forms of payment include checks or money orders made payable to Clerk of Circuit Court. Mail your payment to: Ozaukee County Clerk of Courts 1201 S. Spring St. P.O. Box 994 Port Washington, WI 53074 Online - Payments may be made with a MasterCard or an electronic check. Visit the Wisconsin Court System page and pay fees online. Please note the following nonrefundable fees charged by U.S. Bank to process the payment: MasterCard convenience fee: 2.75% Electronic check flat fee: $1.95 Please allow 24-48 hours for processing

Show All Answers

1. Where can I obtain a transcript of my hearing?
2. How long are case files kept?
3. How do I find my case number and case information?
4. How do I get copies of documents in a case file?
5. I received a traffic citation. What should I do?
6. I wish to contest my citation, what do I do?
7. Can I request Clerk of Circuit Court office staff to change my court date?
8. I didn't show up for court. What happens now?
9. I have a warrant, what should I do?
10. My driver's license has been suspended because I didn't pay my fine. What should I do?
11. How can I reopen my civil traffic or forfeiture case?
12. How do I get a lawyer?
13. I posted bail. How do I get my bail money back?
14. Why was my State tax refund intercepted?
15. How do I satisfy a judgment for a debt discharged in bankruptcy?
16. How do I exempt my vehicle from an ignition interlock order?
17. Where do I get forms to file for post-judgment actions in family?
18. Where do I get forms to file for divorce?
19. Where do I get forms to file a small claims action?
20. I can't make my court date. How do I reschedule a court date?
21. What if there are no forms for my situation?
22. What form do I use that allows a party dissatisfied with the results of a hearing before the Family Court Commissioner to request a new hearing on the same issues before a circuit judge?
23. How can I appeal a circuit court decision?