Planning & Parks
Important COVID-19 Update:
At this time, all Ozaukee County Parks remain open. All indoor park facilities will be closed until further notice. If you chose to visit one of the parks, please remember CDC guidelines and the "Safer at Home" Order.
HH Peters Youth Camp will be closed and will not be taking reservations for March or April. Updates will be provided as further information dictates.
Safer at Home Order Update
- Outdoor portions of Ozaukee County Parks are open.
- Playgrounds are closed and may not be used until further notice.
- Contact and team sports are not permitted in any Ozaukee County Parks.
- Users of Ozaukee County Parks must follow Social Distancing Requirements.
Information about Department staff availability: To mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to protect the health and safety of our communities, Ozaukee County Planning and Parks Department staff are transitioning to telecommuting and will not be available in person. This move is consistent with public heath guidance to limit exposure. Our staff who are able to work remotely will do so and will be able to respond to inquiries through email and Facebook. We are working with staff who cannot work remotely to accommodate their situations. Social distancing and preventing potential infections are key areas we can help with to hopefully curtail the impacts of this outbreak.
To contact Department Staff please reference the following list:
- Andrew Struck, Director – Email
- Matt Aho, Program Manager - Email
- Natalie Cotter, Planning and GIS Specialist - Email
- Beth Wentzel, Civil Engineer - Water Resources - Email
- Kristina (Tina) Kroening - Conservation Biologist - Email
- Ryan Miller - FP/Ecological Program Assistant II - Email
- Evan Hewes - Golf Courses Pro Shop Supervisor - Email
- Cindy DeGroot - Administrative Manager – Email
- Dave Nowak - Parks Superintendent - Email
The Department phone number is still active and being monitored for calls: 262-284-8257
With an increase in prevalence of COVID-19 in and around Ozaukee County, we are using the best information we have to take proactive steps to protect the health of our community. We know that outdoor spaces are critical to the mental and physical health of our community, now more than ever. We are doing our best to maintain current level of services. Park visitors may want to bring hand sanitizer with them as they go out to our parks, just to be safe. At this time we are not able to wipe down playground equipment, tables or other surfaces at the parks.
For more information on COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin, please visit the Wisconsin Department of Health page: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/outbreaks/index.htm
"To provide an organized framework for Ozaukee County residents and visitors of Ozaukee County to appreciate and enjoy the natural and cultural resources, local ecology, recreational experiences,
Ozaukee County Parks Winter Sports Report
The last snow event stayed south of our area. We have packed snow on our sledding hills at Meekwon Park and Hawthorne Hills golf course leaving conditions hard and fast. The skating pond has pretty good ice we will have the warming house open at Meekwon Park from 12:00 - 4:00 Sat and Sun pm. The Cross Country ski courses at Meekwon golf course and Tendick Park are spotty with portions of them having exposed grass. Please stay off the greens and T’s at the Meekwon Golf course. This is the Ozaukee County Planning and Parks snow report for the weekend of February 29, 2020.