Disability Benefit Specialist
Toll Free: 866-537-4261
The Disability Benefit Specialist (DBS) program is a service of the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Ozaukee County. The DBS works closely with information and assistance, options counseling, and other resource center services.
- The DBS provides information about public and private benefit programs including assistance with application and appeal procedures.
- The DBS provides services to people ages 18 to 59 with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, mental illness and substance use disorders.
How can a Disability Benefit Specialist help you?Here are some of the provisions and services a Disability Benefit Specialist may help you with:
- Help determine which benefits and programs you may be entitled to
- Help you to fill out applications for benefits, programs and services
- In some cases, you may receive representation in formal appeals related to denials of eligibility, termination of benefits or overpayment of public and private benefits
- Provide accurate information on public and private benefits and programs
- Provide assistance in obtaining or retaining benefits and services
- Provide referrals, assistance and support on other matters including disability rights and the impact of earnings on financial eligibility for public benefits
- Talk with you about your choices and the programs or services that might best meet your needs
What programs can a Disability Benefit Specialist help with?Here are some areas and programs the Disability Benefit Specialist can help you with:
- Housing and Utility Issues
- Low-Income Tax Credits
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Medicare, including Part D
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Private Health and Disability Insurance Issues
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran's Benefits