The Ozaukee County Safety & Wellness Committee has partnered with the Sheriff’s Office to fund the construction of a new fitness room in the Justice Center and all new equipment. Beginning Monday, March 1, 2021, all Ozaukee County employees will have access to the fitness room 24 hours per day, 7 days per week by use of their employee badge key fob.
How to access the fitness room:
1. Room is located in the basement of the Sheriff’s Office at 1201 S. Spring St., Port Washington
2. Park in the visitor south lot
3. Enter through the Sheriff’s Office main doors
a. Sheriff’s lobby will be accessible by use of employee badge key fob 24/7
4. Access stairs from lobby to the basement
5. Follow basement hallway to the left
6. The fitness room will be the third door on the right
7. Use your employee badge key fob to enter the fitness center
At this time, only county employees are allowed to access the fitness room - no family members are allowed. The fitness room does not have staff assigned to it. It is being cleaned by the Sheriff’s Office maintenance staff. It is imperative that all users respect this and wipe down the equipment they use. If an employee becomes ill with COVID and they had used the fitness center within 72 hours of becoming ill, please email Undersheriff Christy Knowles. This is important so the fitness center can be sanitized for all users’ safety.
Rules are posted in the fitness center. Please respect these rules. An emergency phone is located in the fitness center. Please use this in the event of an emergency. If equipment in the fitness room is inoperable or broken, please email Undersheriff Knowles. If you are interested in a gym equipment orientation please contact HR Director Chris McDonell or Undersheriff Knowles