How Can I Help

How can I help the children and families of Ozaukee County?

  • Become a licensed Foster Parent
  • Become a Respite Provider taking a foster child into your home for a short period of time to give foster parents a break.
  • Volunteer to be a childcare provider during caregiver support groups once a month. 
  • Ask your school, employer, church or organization to run an ad about how to help the children and families of Ozaukee County
  • Donate items such as door prizes and holiday gifts to be used at various foster care appreciation events and during the holidays.
  • Have your group or organization collect new donations such as school supplies, winter gear or make items such as blankets or put together care packages
  • Donate an item off our Immediate Needs List (Below)

Please contact Ozaukee County’s Foster and Kinship Care Coordinator Kristine Kuehlmann or 262-284-8205.   

Immediate Needs List: 

  • Gift Cards (grocery and gas cards)
  • Diapers of all sizes
  • New car seats and booster seats
  • Pack N Plays
  • New Pajamas size 3 months to adult XXL
  • School Supplies
  • Gym Shoes
  • Hygiene products
  • Smoke or Carbon Monoxide detectors